American Engine Installations - American engine installation westvalley utah

Provo, Utah 4 comments

These guys are horrible! when I first spoke to Larry (who said he was the manager) he gave me a "lock it in now" cost for my motor to be replaced, it was one of those "we just happen to be having a sale, 10% off so lock in now gimmicks. He told me 10 - 16 days tops.

I tell him I will talk to my husband and get back to him, he calls me a couple hours later and says he has a great deal on a motor. after a week goes by I call to check in and am told "your motor is here and your car is next in line should be ready in a couple days.

I give it another week and call back and am told "your engine isnt here yet, but it should be in and ready by next week" by now I am getting stories of mechanics who have been fired or quit, manufacturers not delivering on time yada yada Larry promises to call me the next day with a better time frame. He never called.

So I give it alittle over a week and call again, I am told that Larry is out of town but Kevin will call me back, here is the highlight because its the only thing so far they followed through on. Kevin did infact call me back.

He tells me he is the manage ( dont know how many managers they have) and tells me that the motor should be in soon and gives me all the BS of why its taken so long to get a motor that was supposedly already found and ordered before I took my car in a month ago now. but it should be ready in about a week (yes one week seems to be the answer for everything)

He then starts giving me this long list of additional items that needs to be replaced (mind you according to them my car is still sitting outside, old engine still inside) he tells me that all this stuff is customary when replacing an engine so I ask why is it that I am just being told of all this extra cost now five weeks later, instead of in the beginning when I first got the quote. he of course has no answer.. so now he is telling me I need to pay an additional 700 dollars for all the extra`s and once he actually looks at my car, it may be more. I tell him that I may have to wait a week till I have the extra cash. At this point he gets annoyed and is telling me that my car is taking up space and he needs to get it done and out of the way!!!!!! are you kidding me?!? They have my car for 5 weeks and at no where in that time did they tell me it was going to cost more then the price that would not go up if you paid now. Now my cars a problem and if I dont pay it now then my car will be taken out of line and will have to wait before he can get around to it. So I tell him, let me talk to my husband and make sure that its okay, and Kevin needed to check on somethings to make sure the new qoute was accurate. We agreed I would call him the next morning (today) to cement things in.

I called him this morning and he told me he was in a meeting and would call me back in 15 minutes, this after noon (about 4 hours later) I called and let a message on the answering machine. still nothing so at 4:45 I call again and Kevin answers the phone, after I spend 20 minutes reminding him of who I was and what I needed he said there was some additional things not included and he would have to figure out a new quote and would call me right back with the new figure. I called an hour later, voicemail says they are closed.

So here I am, have paid 150.00 to have my car towed, put a 2000 deposit on the 2500 quote I was give, Been waiting and getting the run around for the past 5 weeks, got completely blown off today by the so called mananger ( whos attitude leaves you feeling like they are doing you a favor and you are seriously putting him out) and am still no closer to having my car, and dont know how much more he wants me to pay now.

if you are thinking this complaint is long winded, your right it is. the sad part is it doesnt even cover half of the frustration and time I have put into this fail company.

Review about: Engine Replacement.

Comments

Springfield, Missouri, United States #590548

In 2003/04 we went to AEI.What started out as a $2200 quote turned into $4500 and they worked on/kept the vehicle for a whole year.

I won't go into long details it would be a book. I could go into details because I kept a diary of names, dates and lies. They had our vehicle for a year. We went through 4 managers and thousands of lies.

The last man we dealt with was a company employee who's job it was to go to AEI businesses and straighten out their messes. That should tell people something right there they have a full time team of mechanics on payroll to straighten out their businesses. He was very honest with us and confirmed that we had been lied to many, many times. I contacted the person who owned the franchise we used and he would not talk to me.

But he became very interested in talking to me when we filed a complaint with the Attorney General. The corporation pulled their website and change many things before they put it back up but I have a copy of the original website They ended up shutting that shop down but reopened it across town under the name of A-1, I called the number and they answered American Engine Installations. All the AEI's do not have certified mechanics.

The one we dealt with had no certified mechanics.To put it simply AEI is not an honest company.

I have had 2 cars done by American engine and have had nothing but good success, so I am now going to take another family members car to them for an engine replacement.

Before I went to them with my initial engine replacement I contacted the BBB and they indicated that the company was rated A+ which is all I needed to know, so I will continue to go to them and I also will recommend them as a highly rated company

thanks for the comments. You saved me a lot of hassle. I will use someone else!!

When work on vehicles are completed, and customers pay with credit cards.Then cancel their tranactions, that leaves technicians, auto shops, and suppliers short..no wonder why it does take time to complete jobs.

People of this calaber should be held liable for obtaining services without paying for them.They are the ones who should be charged legally for not paying!

View more comments

American Engine Installations - AEI Keep vehicle long term do not abide by contract

Stockton, California 2 comments

AEI engine installation SA,Tx.Does not abide by the contract they give you, did not in my case.

Kept car 45 days, or more now. Been back 3 times or more in a month or so and charged for parts did not need and could have had serious consequences recently when found missing oil pan and bellhousing bolts, leaked 5 quarts of oil in 3 thousand miles and I am small lady had to climb under my vehicle and find that myself AFTER going back there twice and being informed that there were no problems and I had an oil guage registering nothing when vehicle was at stop signs/Lites in idle. Also they claim ASE certified. A supervisor I believe in Florida is supposedly ASE certified.

They are all mechanically trained answers to all customers I have witnessed and cannot be trusted. You may find many things wrong with your vehicle once it comes back. You may be charged extra, you may have your vehicle MOST LIKELY kept over 10 days to 2 or 3 months with engine installs and never recieve contact calls back on repairs taking place. The supervisors and owners etc cannot be reached and if you do they are NOT consumer careing and will not handle business in proffessional manner.

There are nationwide complaints out there with lawsuits and I cannot stress enough to document all contacts with them, photos, recordings what YOU NEED to do to protect yourself. There up front sales pitch is exactly that and YOU will be taken.

Squeaky wheel and other sites have similar or worse complaints .

Review about: Unprofessional Services.

Comments

This complaint was for a store in Texas in 2008 which has nothing to do with american engine installatios in Utah.Our record speaks for itself.We have completed 1961 engine installations and have had 8 complaints.

These complaints have all been resolved with each customer and the BBB. All customers in Utah receive a warranty for any work that was done and our shop will honor and will repair all engine issues any customer has for the length of the warranty. Our warranty for a re-manufactured engine is 3 years/50,000 miles and our goal is to install an engine that will last for 8,9 or 10 years for the customer.

The longer it lasts for the customer this could result in free advertising for our company.Customer satisfaction is our number 1 priority.

I've been suirng AEI for two years to find out they have been postpoing on purpose so they could file bankruptcy in AZ. What a f ing waste of my money, time, life. I hope they all get herpes on there faces.